Sunday, February 10, 2008

Holy Grail for Shoppers


In a twist on You-Are-There-Reading, we did some You-Are-There-Viewing over the weekend with the DVD of The Da Vinci Code. I read the book awhile back on a beach vacation, long after all the sensation had died out, and honestly, I did not get too engrossed in the details. Watching the movie was fun, though, with so many scenes shot in Paris, including those eerie night scenes in the Louvre and in St. Sulpice. (If you go to St. Sulpice, you'll find disclaimers from the Catholic Church explaining all the things in the movie that are so wrong from the point of view of church doctrine.) I had to laugh out loud at the end, however, when Tom Hanks realizes that the final resting place of the Holy Grail is the inverted pyramid designed by I.M. Pei. This pyramid is not in the museum itself but in the shopping mall next door, directly in front of the Virgin Megastore. Coincidence? (I think not!)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails